If you have knowledge about ICE raids please call the WAISN Rapid Response hotline at 1-844-724-3737. They have a text outreach in numerous languages that they can send out to immigrant community members, as well as trained folks who mobilize to observe and offer support on the ground.
Continúen llamando la línea de apoyo si ven a inmigración o si un ser querido a sido impactado por actividad de inmigración 1-844-724-3737.
What You Can Do About Immigration Raids in Your Community
POSTED 6/27/2019 1:29 PM
There have been several reports of ICE agents raiding local places such as Skagit Gardens on Highway 99 and Skagit Valley College over the past few days. Here are a few things you can do if you or someone you love is targeted by Trump’s immigration actions:
- Check in with an Immigrant Rights Organization in your community and ask how your congregation can support. Every place has different needs. When you reach out, be prepared to really show up in the ways you are asked!
- Donate and raise money for a local or national immigration bond fund – see the list here.
- Email your Representatives
- Helping pay immigrants’ bail is one of the fastest ways to help those who have been separated from their children, advocates say. Community bail funds can reuse the money paid if the person shows up for their court appearance.
- Immigration is federal law, but all politics are local. Tell your local law enforcement and government officials not to partner with the Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials for raids or any other purpose. Here are some great examples.
- Host an asylum-seeker or refugee in your home, with a group like Room for Refugees
- ICE is planning to rent entire hotels to use as immigrant detention centers for these raids because their detention centers are already full. Please support this action from DMV Sanctuary Coalition and tell major hotel chains: NO collaboration with ICE
WHO TO CALL
If you have knowledge about ICE raids please call the WAISN Rapid Response hotline: 1-844-724-3737. They have a text outreach in numerous languages that they can send out to immigrant community members, as well as trained folks who mobilize to observe and offer support on the ground.
Community To Community Development (C2C) has also organized two events: “Raid Relief to Reunite Families” at the following locations on Wednesday, July 3rd in 2 locations from 10 a.m. to Noon:
- 10 a.m. to Noon in front of Skagit County Jail and Courthouse in downtown Mount Vernon (700 S 2nd St, Mt. Vernon)
- 10 a.m. to Noon in front of the Ferndale I.C.E. Detention Facility in Ferndale (1431 Sunset Ave., Ferndale).
Continúen llamando la línea de apoyo si ven a inmigración o si un ser querido a sido impactado por actividad de inmigración 1-844-724-3737
CITIES ICE MAY BE TARGETING
The following locations were identified as targets of ICE immigration raids for 6/23/19. Even though Trump has delayed these raids if you have loved ones who live in or near one of these locations, please share and encourage them to use extra vigilance:
- Atlanta, GA
- Baltimore, MD
- Chicago, IL
- Denver, CO
- Houston, TX
- Los Angeles, CA
- Miami, FL
- New Orleans, LA
- New York City, NY
- San Francisco, CA
Check out these important resources and share widely:
- How allies can defend against ICE raids
- From Raids to Deportation: A Community Resource Kit
- Rapid Response Toolkit for Rural Faith Allies