On June 11, 2022, the 40th LD Democrats met online and endorsed the following candidates:
- Debra Lekanoff – Washington Legislative District 40 State Representative Position 1
- Alex Ramel – Washington Legislative District 40 State Representative Position 2
- Rick Larsen and Jason Call – U.S. House of Representatives District 2 (dual endorsement)
- Sandy Perkins – Skagit County Auditor
- Jackie Brunson – Skagit County Treasurer
- Jenifer Howson – Skagit County District Court Judge Position 3
- Mary Yu – Washington State Supreme Court Justice Position 1
In addition to the candidate endorsements, three resolutions were passed at the June 11, 2022, meeting:
1. Candidates in a partisan race must declare as a Democrat or hold known affiliation with the Democratic Party and democratic ideals.
2. Non-judicial candidates who reside within the 40th District must be members in good standing of the 40th LD Democrats at the time their endorsement is considered.
How to Apply:
Campaigns must complete and submit their questionnaire by 5:00pm on the Thursday following the end of the filing period. Questionnaires must be submitted as PDFs named as “[Candidate’s Name] for [Position]” (example: John Doe for Mayor of Anacortes). For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Decisions on endorsements are made at our annual endorsement meeting, where all candidates being considered for endorsement are welcome to speak to our membership for up to 2 minutes.
Registration is not yet open for the 2023 endorsement meeting
Meeting agenda TBA. When the 2023 agenda is prepared, you will be able to click here to find it.